Elow! Just call me Yaning!

My photo
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Far From What I Expected

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Woah, I'm getting in the hang of this blogging thingy. hehehe. Yup! My new topic is about expectations. We experience a lot of this in our lives, specially when we're excited about something, or thinking about the outcomes of what we do or etc. And I had many of these expectations before we landed here in Canada.

One of these expectations is when I expected that it would be very difficult for me to adjust to this new country and I thought that I would always stay at home and do nothing coz i don't still have no places to go, friends to hang out, and girls to go out with! hehehe. But it turns out to be the opposite, because everyday since we landed here in Canada, I was very very excited to go out and roam to see the nice infrastructures and smell the freshness and the fragrant air in the parks. But not just that coz after a week in staying here in Canada, I got job at a famous fast food branch in Canada, the Tim Horton's and working there made me meet and know different kinds of people.

I also expected that I won't be able to interact and connect with new people because of the difference in race or appearance but when I tried socializing, every people in this country, no matter what race or appearance seems all the same to me. That makes my socializing problems away! And that makes me contented and happy with my new life here in Canada, far from what I expected.

And the most opposite expectation I had is that i would be very very sad and lonely when I land here, but look at me now, happy, contented and handsome! oh, I mean my life is just awesome! hehehe. Once again "Far from what I expected"

0 comments: